You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 17.0.1 Loupe is missing from markup of a screenshot or photo

The Loupe is not available when using markup of a screen shot or photo in 17.0.1. In addition there seems to be no way to place a transparent rectangle and change the line width or color. Why did the markup get so clobbered in 17?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 5:54 AM

Let me rephrase as I misled you.

• The 1st icon from the left sets the border color.
  • The 2nd icon from the left sets the border thickness.
  • The 3rd icon from the left sets the opacity. Use it and use the slider to set it to 0%. I see in your screenshot that you set it to some kind of bar: don’t. Do not modify the color; change only the opacity.

I don’t know what the last icon does.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2023 5:54 AM in response to philipfromsalt lake city

Let me rephrase as I misled you.

• The 1st icon from the left sets the border color.
  • The 2nd icon from the left sets the border thickness.
  • The 3rd icon from the left sets the opacity. Use it and use the slider to set it to 0%. I see in your screenshot that you set it to some kind of bar: don’t. Do not modify the color; change only the opacity.

I don’t know what the last icon does.

Sep 24, 2023 6:46 PM in response to 6x6

This is as far as I can get on my iPhone 13 Pro Max running 17.0.1.

The only thing at the bottom of the screen is one black circle that does nothing. The 5 and 100 circles only seem to control to transparency and the one with the red line though it takes me to matrix of color values of the rectangle background, in this case, no color.

Sep 24, 2023 5:36 PM in response to philipfromsalt lake city

Hello philipfromsalt lake city,

I can't find the Loupe either.

Regarding the other shapes, after adding one, look at the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The first icon will allow you to change the color of the border, the second one the size of the border and the last one the opacity (turn it to 0 (zero) for the shape to be completely transparent.)

iOS 17.0.1 Loupe is missing from markup of a screenshot or photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.