You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator and iPad - Multiple Issues

Hi All

I am trying to prepare an iPad that was purchased through Amazon. I want to add it to our ABM. I have it plugged into my MBP14 and I have configurator open. My MBP is on MacOS 14.0.

When I attempt to prepare the iPad, depending on the tick boxes I choose, I get a few errors.

If I select, Manual Config, Add to ABM, Supervise Devices (default), allow devices to pair. I choose Apple Business as the MDM, (Only other option is new server or a random blank one...), I choose my organisation, and I choose do not show any of the options, next page I give it a wifi configuration only, and then click prepare. It will say waiting for device, the iPad will then proceed to say "Resetting iPad" and it will just reset. Once the Apple logo is back on with the status bar, Configurator then says adding to MDM blah blah, I get no errors and it just finishes but the iPad is not supervised, connected to WiFi or on ABM.

If I select just Supervise and Allow other devices to pair. This produces another error: [MCCloudConfigErrorDomain – 0x80EC (33004)]

If I select just Supervise, I get the same error as above.

But the weirdest thing is, if I proceed on the iPad itself and join the WiFi, It states retrieving configuration and the Remote Management pops up, Even though I experienced the above errors.

However I then get told about remote management and click next and it says Invalid Profile.. So as it stands I can't proceed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 6:34 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 25, 2023 8:59 AM in response to celliott147

Thanks for the reply, I do agree to some degree that may be playing a part, however, to counter this argument, I added a 10th gen iPad using the exact same process last week with no issues at all. Even before the beta, I had selective issues with Configurator.

Another point to this is the iOS version of configurator. According to the webpage I should be able to “prepare” iPads and other iOS and MacOS devices using this. My phone which is a 14 pro on iOS 17. (Non beta). However, my phone does not detect the iPad 9th gen in question today nor did it recognise the 10th gen last week.

I just think the configurator can be so hit and miss…

Apple Configurator and iPad - Multiple Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.