You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to access my data but says iPhone unavailable

my iPhone 7 was put in to a store for repair and when I received it back I forgot the passcode and it read iPhone unavailable how do I fix? Please help

the phone has iOS 13

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:20 AM

There is no way to access the data. Both of the following methods require erasing the phone but you can restore it from a backup later in the process.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:20 AM in response to Astronautstatus

There is no way to access the data. Both of the following methods require erasing the phone but you can restore it from a backup later in the process.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

I need to access my data but says iPhone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.