You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers - can't unhide rows, can't alter number of rows

Can anyone help?

My spreadsheet has, supposedly, over 500 rows. I don't want anything like 500, 200 will be enough. I thought the fastest way to delete unwanted rows was to change the number using the format tab - see below

But attempting to change that number of 509 does nothing - it won't change!

If there really are 510 rows, then where are they? You can see that between rows 185 and 510, there's nothing. I haven't hidden anything!

I've tried one thing - that is, delete row 510. That in theory leaves me with 185 rows, yes? But according to that format tab, there are still 509...?

Does anyone know what is going on here? Any suggestions appreciated.

MacBook, macOS 13.1

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:54 AM

Folks, stand down on this. I've found the reason - an active filter was excluding anything dated after 31/08/2023 - even anything undated, which was the case here. I had all those additional rows without any data at all, hence why they were filtered out.

Now - is there any easy way of marking this thread as solved? That's my next question! Why is nothing easy with Apple?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:54 AM in response to Stuart-S

Folks, stand down on this. I've found the reason - an active filter was excluding anything dated after 31/08/2023 - even anything undated, which was the case here. I had all those additional rows without any data at all, hence why they were filtered out.

Now - is there any easy way of marking this thread as solved? That's my next question! Why is nothing easy with Apple?

Numbers - can't unhide rows, can't alter number of rows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.