You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete app from iCloud and iPhone

I am trying to delete an app from my phone and reinstall it. Every time I hold down the app and click Remove App-Delete App-Delete, and then go to the App store to reinstall, it still shows it in iCloud.

I have went to Settings-iCloud-iCloud Backup-iPhone found the app and turned that off.

I have also went to Settings-General-iPhone Storage and deleted the app there.

I even went to Screen Time-Content & Privacy Restrictions-iTunes & App Store Purchases-Deleting Apps and that says Allow.

What am I missing as I am getting very frustrated with this?

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:55 PM

Apps are not stored in iCloud. When you're in the App Store, that little cloud icon just means you have downloaded it in the past. When you tap on that, you are getting the latest version of the app directly from the App Store.

5 replies

Sep 26, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Jadakah

It’s likely that the app data are stored on the app provider’s servers. If you have to log in to the app that is almost certainly where it is stored.

A less likely possibility is that you didn’t restart your phone after deleting the app and before reinstalling it, so the reinstalled app found data that had not yet been garbage collected by iOS.

Sep 26, 2023 12:55 PM in response to Jadakah

Jadakah wrote:

I am trying to delete an app from my phone and reinstall it. Every time I hold down the app and click Remove App-Delete App-Delete, and then go to the App store to reinstall, it still shows it in iCloud.

It is not showing in iCloud. It is a download link to download a fresh copy from the App store. No apps are ever stored in iCloud; only app data can be synced to iCloud.

How to delete app from iCloud and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.