You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off collaboration in Numbers and simply operate the spreadsheet on my Mac?

For some reason my spreadsheet is now only available on iCloud, and I only want it on my Mac, accessible on my phone/iPad from the Files app

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:48 PM

If you want the document to be accessible on your Mac and on the iPhone/iPad then you want it stored in iCloud Drive. That way will it will sync.

Storing it in iCloud Drive doesn't mean you are collaborating. You would have to specifically turn on collaboration.

You can store it in local folders if you want, of course, but then it won't sync. On the Mac just move it using Finder from iCloud Drive to another location. On iOS/iPadOS tap the three dots with a circle around them, choose Move, and navigate to the folder you want.

Should you delete the Numbers app on iOS/iPadOS I believe you can lose locally stored documents as well.

For that reason I always keep my documents in iCloud Drive.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 8:48 PM in response to MaverickMitch

If you want the document to be accessible on your Mac and on the iPhone/iPad then you want it stored in iCloud Drive. That way will it will sync.

Storing it in iCloud Drive doesn't mean you are collaborating. You would have to specifically turn on collaboration.

You can store it in local folders if you want, of course, but then it won't sync. On the Mac just move it using Finder from iCloud Drive to another location. On iOS/iPadOS tap the three dots with a circle around them, choose Move, and navigate to the folder you want.

Should you delete the Numbers app on iOS/iPadOS I believe you can lose locally stored documents as well.

For that reason I always keep my documents in iCloud Drive.

SG

How do I turn off collaboration in Numbers and simply operate the spreadsheet on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.