You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing black line on screen

My iPhone XR has now displayed a thin horizontal line down the screen now the line has become deep. How can I fix that . I have tried restart and updating but still. I have even lost all my data just to get it fix but to no avail.

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:21 PM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2023 9:55 PM in response to KingsleyNarh

KingsleyNarh Said:

"Fixing black line on screen: My iPhone XR has now displayed a thin horizontal line down the screen now the line has become deep. How can I fix that . I have tried restart and updating but still. I have even lost all my data just to get it fix but to no avail."

-------

How would you define "deep"?

Determining if this is a Hardware Error:

Task a screenshot and then view it in the Photos app. If it is not seen, then it is a hardware issue. If it is seen, then it is an issue with the iOS (in which case, you'd probably have to reset this to factory settings). Go here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Fixing black line on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.