You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 17.0.1 microphone is not working on cellural (phone) calls

After installing iOS 17.0.1 (iPhone 13 Pro) counterpart doesn’t hear me, placing calls on the phone (over microphone/loud/wire headphones/airopds…nothing works). Whatsapp/viber calls - no problems, everything’s working fine. Voice recorder also works fine.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2024 5:01 PM

I have a iPhone 12, fully updated, and the lower microphone doesn’t work on phone calls. It seems to work as a speaker phone though.

What settings did you reset to get the microphone working? I’ve done a hard reset… nothing. I’ve had my e-sim changed by AT&T… nothing. These were suggestions from the Apple Store Geniuses. It’s very frustrating. Hopefully someone will have an answer soon since I started this thread… HELP!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2024 5:01 PM in response to Smorlv

I have a iPhone 12, fully updated, and the lower microphone doesn’t work on phone calls. It seems to work as a speaker phone though.

What settings did you reset to get the microphone working? I’ve done a hard reset… nothing. I’ve had my e-sim changed by AT&T… nothing. These were suggestions from the Apple Store Geniuses. It’s very frustrating. Hopefully someone will have an answer soon since I started this thread… HELP!

iOS 17.0.1 microphone is not working on cellural (phone) calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.