You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long should this take. My AppleTV 4K has been blinking with a sliver to go in the progress bar for hours.

Updating AppleTV 4K to TV OS 17 from 16.6. My AppleTV 4K 32GB (model MQD22CL/A) has been blinking with a sliver to go in the progress bar for hours.

Now what?

I have updated two MacBooks, two iPhones, and two iPads with no problems.

Apple TV 4K (1st generation)

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 8:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 2:05 AM

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Get help
[…]
* If the progress bar for the update appears stuck or paused, don’t unplug your Apple TV. Allow more time for the update to complete. If you've been waiting for more than an hour, contact Apple Support before you restart or unplug your Apple TV.
[…]
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2023 2:05 AM in response to Laszlo Kardos

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Get help
[…]
* If the progress bar for the update appears stuck or paused, don’t unplug your Apple TV. Allow more time for the update to complete. If you've been waiting for more than an hour, contact Apple Support before you restart or unplug your Apple TV.
[…]

How long should this take. My AppleTV 4K has been blinking with a sliver to go in the progress bar for hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.