You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send photos to android phones or groups messages. MMS IS TURNED ON.

I bought a used iPhone 12 from an online store. I had a free phone carrier and when I got the phone it worked fine, I could do everything on it. Then they canceled my service so I got a new service and updated the iOS the same day I put the sim in and it no longer had MMS capabilities, the button was completely gone, and couldn’t do group chats anymore or send pictures to androids. So I got a google voice number. I just got Boost mobile and the mms button is back but I still can’t send group chats or send pictures to androids? What’s going on. I’m so angry.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 1:16 PM

CayAnne135 wrote:

Boost mobile has picture messaging though.

yea and your line needs to be provisioned by them to use their feature that you pay them a monthly bill for, again this isn't an Apple or iphone issue.

What did Boost say when you contacted them?

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 28, 2023 11:43 AM in response to CayAnne135

CayAnne135 wrote:

I bought a used iPhone 12 from an online store. I had a free phone carrier and when I got the phone it worked fine, I could do everything on it. Then they canceled my service so I got a new service and updated the iOS the same day I put the sim in and it no longer had MMS capabilities, the button was completely gone, and couldn’t do group chats anymore or send pictures to androids. So I got a google voice number. I just got Boost mobile and the mms button is back but I still can’t send group chats or send pictures to androids? What’s going on. I’m so angry.

This isn't an Apple or iphone issue, SMS and MMS is a phone carrier feature.

Can’t send photos to android phones or groups messages. MMS IS TURNED ON.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.