You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As an OSX Big Sur user using a late 2015 iMac can I upgrade to OSX Montery? If so, need directions.

I am currently running OSX Big Sur 11.7.9 on my late 2015 iMac. Do I qualify to upgrade to OSX Monterey?

If yes, need instructions....thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 12:09 PM

15 replies

Sep 29, 2023 5:25 PM in response to dialabrain

Sorry, but I beg to differ, at least in my case. I followed your instructions and got the OS Monterey App download page. When I invoked it it just kept cycling and cycling and did NOT download Monterey to my computer. Any additional thoughts or ideas? Sorry to be such a pain but this process should be a **** of a lot simpler and easier.

Sep 30, 2023 10:10 AM in response to dickeyboy

The main consideration between the MacBook Air and the iMac is do you need portability.

I used MacBook Pros and Airs when I needed portability but my needs changed and I now have the 24" iMac.

The large screen is nice but not a big deal for me. I do like that the keyboard and mouse or trackpad are separate units and easily and relatively cheaply replaceable if there are problems (and I did have problems with the portable Macs0>

As an OSX Big Sur user using a late 2015 iMac can I upgrade to OSX Montery? If so, need directions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.