You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing iPhone 14 Pro Camera Lens Protective Glass

I cracked the outer glass protecting my camera lens on my iPhone 14 Pro. The camera lens itself seems intact and untouched, and my photos and videos seem ok so far. I have an appointment with Apple scheduled next week, but wanted some insight/transparency on what the repair would be, process, and cost. I don’t have Apple Care.

Using the estimator, I assume it’s a repair for my rear camera, which would cost $219. But since the camera itself is fine, is it repair to the back glass and it’s $499?

Is Apple able to repair just that one glass cover or it’s an entire back that needs replace? Or is it a new/refurbished phone?

And finally, is this a same-day process, or will I be without a phone for a period of time?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2024 2:37 PM

Cracked iphone 14 pro max lens. How much is the repair?

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 30, 2023 1:36 PM in response to sheryl-ann272

Repair process and cost:

Apple will likely repair your iPhone 14 Pro by replacing the entire back glass assembly. This is because the camera lens protective glass is not a separate part that can be easily replaced. The back glass assembly includes the camera lens, the camera sensors, and other components.

The cost of the repair will vary depending on your location, but it is typically around $499 for non-Apple Care customers.

Same-day repair:

Apple does not offer same-day repair for back glass replacements. The repair process typically takes 2-3 business days.

Can Apple repair just the camera lens protective glass?

Apple is able to repair just the camera lens protective glass, but it is a very delicate and difficult process. It is more likely that they will replace the entire back glass assembly.

Will I get a new or refurbished phone?

Apple will typically replace your iPhone 14 Pro with a refurbished phone. Refurbished phones are inspected and repaired to meet Apple's high standards. They come with a new battery and outer shell, and they are covered by a one-year warranty.

Conclusion:

The repair process for your iPhone 14 Pro will likely involve replacing the entire back glass assembly. The cost of the repair will be around $499, and it will take 2-3 business days. You will likely receive a refurbished iPhone 14 Pro.

I recommend that you ask Apple for more details about the repair process and cost during your appointment next week.

Nov 20, 2023 7:18 PM in response to sheryl-ann272

Interestingly you can actually get the parts and tools for self repair since the 14 Pro is one of the devices that can use the option. I would think you would have to feel pretty comfortable with doing a repair yourself though but it’s a legitimate option for those that have a part and device that is offered. Not sure how difficult it actually is though but it seems to be cheaper than the replacement price and would use genuine Apple parts and tools. I admittedly wouldn’t try it myself because I definitely don’t feel confident in my repair skills and would likely just pay the replacement fee if they wouldn’t do the repair but I thought it was interesting when Apple quietly announced the availability to do some self repairs on some devices.

Self Service Repair - Apple Support

https://selfservicerepair.com/en-US/order

Nov 19, 2023 8:50 PM in response to sheryl-ann272

#metoo

any update? AppleCare did some funky crap and although it was on auto payment, it didn’t pull. I was 3 days late and apparently since this was technically my second grace period within a year, they pulled the plug on me! Idk why, I’ve never even had to use it in the past 5 years of having an iPhone, so it was a good investment on their part. Me- not so much.

Nov 20, 2023 7:05 PM in response to Wesman01

Sorry to hear that. Basically, everything Woahlari said was what happened. Quoted at $500 to replace the phone. It would be refurbished. The tech looked at my camera and it worked fine, so she recommended getting a cover to prevent additional damage. Since it was my zoom lens that was damaged, if it somehow crapped out, the other two lenses would work fine.

I opted for just a cover for the lens and now I’m very paranoid about additional damage :/

Fixing iPhone 14 Pro Camera Lens Protective Glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.