You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After install of update 17, I can’t send video or pics to some of my contacts over Wi-Fi or cell data. SEND FAILS !

iPhone 11 updated with ios17, created issues in iMessages. Now I can’t send videos or pics to some of my contacts over cell data or Wi-Fi

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 3:48 AM

Same here. My 14 just updated to the 17 and when I scroll the my pic to send a video. It doesn’t attach. I don’t get red exclamation ❗️ it just takes me back to my Home Screen.

so I click the video I want to send, select a contact, immediately goes back to my Home Screen.

the only way I could forward this particular video, was by going to the text where I received the video and forwarding it to a contact.

Will not attach from the actual photos/videos.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2023 3:48 AM in response to Vero_F1

Same here. My 14 just updated to the 17 and when I scroll the my pic to send a video. It doesn’t attach. I don’t get red exclamation ❗️ it just takes me back to my Home Screen.

so I click the video I want to send, select a contact, immediately goes back to my Home Screen.

the only way I could forward this particular video, was by going to the text where I received the video and forwarding it to a contact.

Will not attach from the actual photos/videos.

Oct 4, 2023 6:55 AM in response to Elaine454

Hi Elaine454,

When you say the message fails, are you seeing a red exclamation point? If so follow "If you see a red exclamation point" in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad.

"If you try to send a message and you see [red exclamation point] with an alert that says Not Delivered, follow these steps:

1. Check your network connection.
      2. Tap  Exclamation mark icon, then tap Try Again.
      3. If you still can’t send the message, tap  Exclamation mark icon, then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.

Learn what to do if you still receive a Not Delivered alert after you try to send your message as a text message."

Take care.

After install of update 17, I can’t send video or pics to some of my contacts over Wi-Fi or cell data. SEND FAILS !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.