You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove does not show up to remove a family member from sharing

I am trying to remove one of my child’s accounts from family sharing and nothing is coming up.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 10:04 PM

Re: "Remove does not show up to remove a family member from sharing

I am trying to remove one of my child’s accounts from family sharing and nothing is coming up".

Apple Support's online article:

Leave or remove a member from a Family Sharing group on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"You can’t remove a child from your Family Sharing group. However, you can move them to another group or delete their Apple ID. See the Apple Support article Move a child to another group using Family Sharing.

If you turned on Screen Time for a teen, you need to turn off Screen Time settings before you can remove them from the group. See Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2023 10:04 PM in response to Cbairos

Re: "Remove does not show up to remove a family member from sharing

I am trying to remove one of my child’s accounts from family sharing and nothing is coming up".

Apple Support's online article:

Leave or remove a member from a Family Sharing group on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"You can’t remove a child from your Family Sharing group. However, you can move them to another group or delete their Apple ID. See the Apple Support article Move a child to another group using Family Sharing.

If you turned on Screen Time for a teen, you need to turn off Screen Time settings before you can remove them from the group. See Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone."

Remove does not show up to remove a family member from sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.