You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote into an ipad with a different apple id

I bought an ipad for my mom. She often has tech issues and lives out of state. I'd like to be able to remote into her ipad in case she's having an issue so I can walk her through her tech issue. I'd like her to be able to keep her apple id separate from mine. I have an iphone, ipad, and windows laptop I can use to remote in.

My understanding is that Switch Control doesn't work unless it's using the same apple id. Is there an app or another method?

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 6:42 AM

iOS/iPadOS has no facility for remote control or remote management of the device. 

The best that you can likely achieve is to use FaceTime (or other communication platform) - and literally “talk-though” a problem; if you have similar hardware, and the same version of iPadOS installed, you should be able to work through a problem step-by-step.

When using FaceTime - and both devices are using iOS/iPadOS 15.1 or later - you can quite literally share and see whatever is on screen:

Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPad - Apple Support

Share your screen in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2023 6:42 AM in response to TheJ0shMachine

iOS/iPadOS has no facility for remote control or remote management of the device. 

The best that you can likely achieve is to use FaceTime (or other communication platform) - and literally “talk-though” a problem; if you have similar hardware, and the same version of iPadOS installed, you should be able to work through a problem step-by-step.

When using FaceTime - and both devices are using iOS/iPadOS 15.1 or later - you can quite literally share and see whatever is on screen:

Make and receive FaceTime calls on iPad - Apple Support

Share your screen in FaceTime on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

remote into an ipad with a different apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.