You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messaging iPhone 14

On iOS 17, the text message box becomes too large for me to read the message thread behind it when I’m responding to a text message. I can’t minimize the text box to see previous message(s). Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 8:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 8:37 PM

dareion10 Said:

"Text messaging iPhone 14: On iOS 17, the text message box becomes too large for me to read the message thread behind it when I’m responding to a text message. I can’t minimize the text box to see previous message(s). Anyone else having this issue?"

-------

No. I have not come across this issue.

Report back if either of these fixes this...

A. Change Notifications Font Size:

Texts are notifications. So, see if changing the font size would work. Go here: Change the Font Size on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Perform a Restart:

Having just installed an update, perform a restart.

Go here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2023 8:37 PM in response to dareion10

dareion10 Said:

"Text messaging iPhone 14: On iOS 17, the text message box becomes too large for me to read the message thread behind it when I’m responding to a text message. I can’t minimize the text box to see previous message(s). Anyone else having this issue?"

-------

No. I have not come across this issue.

Report back if either of these fixes this...

A. Change Notifications Font Size:

Texts are notifications. So, see if changing the font size would work. Go here: Change the Font Size on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Perform a Restart:

Having just installed an update, perform a restart.

Go here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Text messaging iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.