You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lowing volume of voice on audio in iMovie

Hi again, I have a recording of an interview I did but unfortunately my voice is louder than then interviewee, is there anyway to edit the voice of the interviewee to match the audio level of mine?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 5:47 PM

Hmmm. It takes a bit of work, but you might be able to raise the voice level of your interviewee. It will be laborious because you will need to adjust the volume of each answer.

Click on the settings button at the top right of the timeline, and click on Show Wave Forms in the settings box. Also, expand out your timeline with the slider next to the settings button.

Then, on the audio clip in the timeline, for each answer by your interviewee as identified with the wave forms, drag your cursor over the interviewee's answer. A yellow box will form over the space over which you have dragged. You can then put your cursor on the horizontal volume line in the box and drag it upward to increase the volume of the interviewee's answer.

There may be other ways to do this, but I cannot think of any feasible one at the moment.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2023 5:47 PM in response to whitneyjoy

Hmmm. It takes a bit of work, but you might be able to raise the voice level of your interviewee. It will be laborious because you will need to adjust the volume of each answer.

Click on the settings button at the top right of the timeline, and click on Show Wave Forms in the settings box. Also, expand out your timeline with the slider next to the settings button.

Then, on the audio clip in the timeline, for each answer by your interviewee as identified with the wave forms, drag your cursor over the interviewee's answer. A yellow box will form over the space over which you have dragged. You can then put your cursor on the horizontal volume line in the box and drag it upward to increase the volume of the interviewee's answer.

There may be other ways to do this, but I cannot think of any feasible one at the moment.

-- Rich

Lowing volume of voice on audio in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.