You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a Macbook Pro and discovered it is Activation locked! I need helpit is Activation locked. I need help

I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 11:55 PM

Qwerty158 Said:

"I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without being able to log in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

B. Learn from this:

If getting into this is of no option, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always be allowed to log into a device, prior to purchasing it. If the seller decide to disabide by these rules you've set forth.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2023 11:55 PM in response to Qwerty158

Qwerty158 Said:

"I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without being able to log in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

B. Learn from this:

If getting into this is of no option, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always be allowed to log into a device, prior to purchasing it. If the seller decide to disabide by these rules you've set forth.

I just purchased a Macbook Pro and discovered it is Activation locked! I need helpit is Activation locked. I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.