You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replaced the battery on my AirTag and can't get the cover back on

I replaced the battery on my airtag and can't get the cover back on. I turn it clockwise and it pops right off.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirTag

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 11:35 AM

Please use the following support article as a guide: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

I suggest the following if that doesn't help:

• With the battery removed, look to see if any type of debris got inside. If so, carefully remove it.
  • Double-check that the replacement battery does not have a bitterant coating. This shouldn't be an issue with getting the cover closed, but may affect the operation of the AirTag if used.
  • Place the battery into the tag. Be sure that the positive side is facing up when placed inside.
  • Place the cover back on. Gently push down on the cover using two fingers, and then, rotate it clockwise.
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2023 11:35 AM in response to terese725

Please use the following support article as a guide: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

I suggest the following if that doesn't help:

• With the battery removed, look to see if any type of debris got inside. If so, carefully remove it.
  • Double-check that the replacement battery does not have a bitterant coating. This shouldn't be an issue with getting the cover closed, but may affect the operation of the AirTag if used.
  • Place the battery into the tag. Be sure that the positive side is facing up when placed inside.
  • Place the cover back on. Gently push down on the cover using two fingers, and then, rotate it clockwise.

May 6, 2024 5:14 AM in response to terese725

Apple us refusing right to repair with the AirTag.

My son lost his AirTag cover, a overpriced device he saved up to and payed out of his pocket. The AirTag is till in 1st year warranty time.

We went to the Apple Store and the Genius Bar person was an absolute corporate robot.

”Unfortunately we can’t order these covers” “we can offer you to buy a new AirTag for the full price” “I don’t know what you did wrong, that you list the cover”?!

Thanks for blaming us for the defects to your product and no willingness to help.

I replaced the battery on my AirTag and can't get the cover back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.