You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD WHEN YOU CAN'T USE YOUR PHONE

How do I reset my password for my Apple ID when I can't use my cell phone as I am locked out as owner. I have chatted with help. Apple says to use Iforgot.apple.com but they insist on using the cell phone number to send a code before they will let you give a new password. During the chats I have explained that I am locked out of the cell phone. They are keeping me a vicious cycle. Help. This is for my husband's cell phone 8SE, I think. It started when I tried to bring is phone's IOS up-to-date and put in what he told me his password was. That was the beginning of a downward spiral and a lock-out on the phone and Apple.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 7:57 AM

Try and enroll in account recovery

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 10, 2023 1:51 AM in response to WheelieNick

Account recovery is useless. It finally directs you to use 'iforgot.apple.com' after waiting for days and then it asks you for your cell phone number in order to recover your password. It wants you to submit the 6 digit code it is going to send you. My original problem is I am locked out of my as owner of my phone. What can't Apple understand in their recovery process? What a run-around. What do I do now?

HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD WHEN YOU CAN'T USE YOUR PHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.