You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iPhone data to ipad

i set up my new iPad without transferring my iPhone data. I changed my mind and want to transfer my iPhone data to my iPad. What do I do?

Thank you

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 10:09 AM

To use an iPhone backup on iPad after you’ve already set it up, you’ll need to reset your iPad and set it up from scratch. This will erase all of your data from the iPad.

The following support article can help you reset your iPad: How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Be sure to skip backing up the iPad if you’re going to restore it from an iPhone backup. You’ll lose any data you’ve saved on the iPad that isn’t saved in your iPhone backup.

Note that iPhone settings are not compatible with iPad settings, and thus will not be transferred to your iPad from the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2023 10:09 AM in response to Uffda7777

To use an iPhone backup on iPad after you’ve already set it up, you’ll need to reset your iPad and set it up from scratch. This will erase all of your data from the iPad.

The following support article can help you reset your iPad: How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Be sure to skip backing up the iPad if you’re going to restore it from an iPhone backup. You’ll lose any data you’ve saved on the iPad that isn’t saved in your iPhone backup.

Note that iPhone settings are not compatible with iPad settings, and thus will not be transferred to your iPad from the backup.

Transfer iPhone data to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.