You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint to Canon Pixma MG3650S

I've recently installed a Canon Pixma MG3650S which is connected to my home router by WIFI . I'm able to print any documents from my laptop over my WIFI network, however I'm unable to Airprint documents from my iPhone 12 using IOS 16.7.

The printer prints a blank page then an alarm light flashes twice continuously until I cancel the print from my phone.

I've contacted Canon support and they advise the flashing light means the paper in the printer is incompatible with that requested by my iPhone for the printed document. The print request from my iPhone defaults to A4 and the printer is set to A4 by default?

I've since done some experiments and have been able to print from my phone provided I specify Page Size as "Letter" rather than the default of "A4".

I've always been able to print everything in A4 size previously on my iPhone. Is this a bug with IOS16.7?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 1:34 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 10, 2023 11:37 AM in response to rayblom

Hello Rayblom,

We understand that you're not able to use AirPrint with your iPhone, as expected. At this time, we suggest that you update your iPhone 12 to the latest software version. Completing this step ensures that your device has all the latest fixes and can help to resolve this issue:

Update your iPhone or iPad

1. "Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into a power source and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don’t know your passcode, find out what to do.

An iPhone displaying the option to download and install the update"

If you continue to experience the same behavior, you can reach out to Apple directly for further assistance:

Get Support

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Airprint to Canon Pixma MG3650S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.