You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stolen

My iphone was stolen, then I log in icloud and use the function Find my iphone. In the next couples of hours, I received an SMS message from apple.com with the notice about my stolen iphone, and its location, I click on the link, log in and there is a location.

But I then realize that the link is fake.

Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone.

Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list.

I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:53 PM

Dungnguyen_1 Said:

"Iphone stolen: [...]Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone. Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list. I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?"

-------

Contact your Carrier. Have them cancel service to this iPhone.

ecure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

A. Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

D. Change the Password and Passcode:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2023 8:53 PM in response to Dungnguyen_1

Dungnguyen_1 Said:

"Iphone stolen: [...]Then I think the thief has accessed my iphone. Then I have to change the password of icloud. And i have to remove the lost device from the list. I am so worry now. I have no opportunity to find my stolen iphone. But is there any risk to my icloud? and my current iphone?"

-------

Contact your Carrier. Have them cancel service to this iPhone.

ecure your Account:

Having been suspiciously locked out, someone may have your credentials. So, do three Things:

A. Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

D. Change the Password and Passcode:

Iphone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.