You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send email with my Mac. It receives and both addresses are able to work on the websites. This comes and goes, very frustrating. The internet provider says it's Apple and Apple says it's the provider. It works well on my other devices.

I have been using the Mac mail app, but added Outlook to see if it solved the problem.....NO! Both apps won't send consistently. HELP!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 3:46 AM

The traditional fix is to remove the offending mail accounts and recreate them from scratch using the latest credentials from the webmail's site.

If that fails, I suggest your user profile may be corrupt. Create a completely new admin user, login with it and create new mail accounts. If that works, you've confirmed your old user is corrupt.

As a general reminder, you need to be on the very latest OS version you can run.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 3:46 AM in response to island bound

The traditional fix is to remove the offending mail accounts and recreate them from scratch using the latest credentials from the webmail's site.

If that fails, I suggest your user profile may be corrupt. Create a completely new admin user, login with it and create new mail accounts. If that works, you've confirmed your old user is corrupt.

As a general reminder, you need to be on the very latest OS version you can run.

I can't send email with my Mac. It receives and both addresses are able to work on the websites. This comes and goes, very frustrating. The internet provider says it's Apple and Apple says it's the provider. It works well on my other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.