You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone says iPhone Unavaiable try again in 50 minutes. At the bottom it says emergency and erase iPhone. I do NOT want to erase my phone. Why am I getting this message?

Why does my iPhone say iPhone unavailable

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 8:52 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2023 6:28 PM in response to TrueBlueMoon

You need to change a setting to avoid this from happening in the future.

Open Settings App

Tap Accessibility

Tap Touch

Turn off Tap or Swipe to Wake

Now, when you do this, your phone will NOT accidentally trigger passcode inputs. BUT, you will now have to tap the side power button to wake your iPhone. This is why I NEVER keep my iPhone in my pocket. But this simple settings change will eliminate that from happening, you'll just have to wake your iPhone differently. A small price to pay to avoid being locked out of your iPhone. And if it happens too many times, you may end up having to fully erase your iPhone to get back in, which would be painful, to say the least.

My iPhone says iPhone Unavaiable try again in 50 minutes. At the bottom it says emergency and erase iPhone. I do NOT want to erase my phone. Why am I getting this message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.