You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tonal data not being added to Fitness total

Hey all!

I'm using the Fitness app to track my activity level (The filling the ring actually motivates me) and I've enjoyed it. It works great with my Quest VR workouts but for some reason, it refuses to acknowledge the calories burned/activity from my Tonal workouts.

Let me be clear, it SEES the workout. It even tracks how many calories I burned when I look at my Fitness app. It's labeled as "Tonal" and if I click on it, it shows the calories burned. But my ring doesn't close! In the picture attached, I had to go manually add a "Strength Workout" in order to get credit for my work.

Am I doing something wrong here? Fitness has all the data it needs but it won't add the work to my ring and it's a bit disheartening!

Thanks all!

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 5:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2024 12:50 PM in response to Demosethenes

This issue might have been fixed in iOS version 17.x and iWatch 10.x because the Fitness app is recording activity, calories burned, etc. during my Tonal workouts. (I just got a new Tonal). However, it looks like you have to run the iWatch Tonal app while you are doing the workout for it to "know" what is going on. I sync my watch to the Tonal during workouts (i.e., I run the Tonal app on my watch) and that is what makes the difference. I neglected to do that the first couple of times and it only noted an increase in heart rate, not the activity/exercise, etc.

Tonal data not being added to Fitness total

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.