You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air not starting up properly. Gets stuck on two schematics that switch every few seconds

When I turn my Mac on it goes to Apple logo and the start up bar appears. Within a short moment the screen flickers and a red square flashes on around the Apple logo briefly before the schematic of the underside of a mouse appears and then what looks like the side of a laptop. The strangest thing is that I’ve never connected a mouse to this laptop, having only ever used the trackpad. This is where it gets stuck during start up, flashing between these two pictures. I’ve tried the steps for recovery using shift option command R

command R

option command R but none are working and the same thing happens each time.

I also notice that the cursor is displayed on the page but is frozen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 9:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 5:18 PM

At this point all you can do is contact Apple: Official Apple Support. Unless the Mac recognizes an input device you can't even get to step 1.

3 replies

MacBook Air not starting up properly. Gets stuck on two schematics that switch every few seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.