You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2015 4k accidently icloud locked from find my

Hello!

(sorry, if i write something incorrectly, english is my 2nd language)

I was tested the find my lock on my imac, and now i can't turn it off. I can unlock it, but i can't remove the icloud lock from it. What should I do? (if you need it i'm from Hungary)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 12:02 PM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2023 12:59 PM in response to mlnlbrt_

Hi mlnlbrt_,

If we understand correctly, it sounds like you tested locking your Mac using Find My, but you're unable to turn off Find My. Is that right?

If that's correct, this may help you: Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

"How to disable Activation Lock

To disable Activation Lock, turn off Find My Mac.

macOS Ventura or later

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings.
  2. Click your name (Apple ID) in the sidebar.
  3. Click iCloud on the right.
  4. Click the Show All button on the right, then click Find My Mac and turn it off. Enter your Apple ID password when prompted.

macOS Monterey or earlier

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click Apple ID.
  3. Click iCloud in the sidebar.
  4. Deselect the Find My Mac checkbox on the right, then enter your Apple ID password when prompted. 

Other ways to disable Activation Lock

If your previously owned Mac shows an Activation Lock window that asks for someone else's Apple ID, the previous owner may need to remove Activation Lock for you."

We hope that helps. If the issue persists, please reply back with more detail about the issue.

Take care.

iMac 2015 4k accidently icloud locked from find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.