You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving notifications from one specific contact

I am not receiving notifications from my wife. The person I text the most. And I have done everything everyone has suggested, and notifications are still not coming through.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 12:00 PM

I am having the same issue…since I updated to iOS 17, I don’t receive notifications for my partner texting me. The only time my phone goes off is if he calls. I don’t have him blocked and I’m not using a third party app to block calls, so the offered solution doesn’t help. It is literally only my partner that my phone doesn’t go off for. I have check setting numerous times, turned them off and on again multiple times, restarted my phone multiple times. NOTHING works and I can’t find any help anywhere online.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2023 12:00 PM in response to Jbird111

I am having the same issue…since I updated to iOS 17, I don’t receive notifications for my partner texting me. The only time my phone goes off is if he calls. I don’t have him blocked and I’m not using a third party app to block calls, so the offered solution doesn’t help. It is literally only my partner that my phone doesn’t go off for. I have check setting numerous times, turned them off and on again multiple times, restarted my phone multiple times. NOTHING works and I can’t find any help anywhere online.

Oct 14, 2023 7:02 PM in response to Jbird111

Jbird111 Said:

"Not receiving notifications from one specific contact: I am not receiving notifications from my wife. The person I text the most. And I have done everything everyone has suggested, and notifications are still not coming through."

-------

Troubleshooting Not Receiving Notifications:

A. See if you need to unblock this person in Messages:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Messages
  3. Scroll to: SMS/MMS
  4. Tap: Blocked Contacts
  5. If Blocked: Remove them from the list.

Also...

B. Third Party Apps Blocking Messaging:

If using a third-party app for blocking calls, perhaps you have blocked that person out.

Aug 1, 2024 3:47 AM in response to Jbird111

I have just had the same problem with not getting notifications from only one person, my sister-in-law. Previously I did get notifications (text tone) when she texted me. When I mentioned it, it turned out that a few days previously she had mentioned to my brother that she couldn't understand why whe wasn't getting replies to her texts. It turned out that she had "Do not Disturb" switched on. Once she switched that off. I got notifications from her again! Hope this helps - it's a simple solution so worth a try.

Jun 20, 2024 3:26 PM in response to Jennifer Davis-Lewis

I am having this same situation. I get spam texts that have notifications, my siblings I'm notified, my kids etc. Just my spouse who also happens to be my emergency contact. It's very frustrating!! And nothing that has been suggested has worked.

———-

Avoiding Popups and Scam Messages:

Two Things to do...

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through.  Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

B. Brave Bowser:

Try using the Brave Private Web Browser. It blocks out all sorts of junk. You can get ti directly in the App StoreBrave Private Web Browser - App Store

Jun 20, 2024 4:49 PM in response to Jennifer Davis-Lewis

I am having this same situation. I get spam texts that have notifications, my siblings I'm notified, my kids etc. Just my spouse who also happens to be my emergency contact. It's very frustrating!! And nothing that has been suggested has worked.

———-

Report Scam Messages:

You can report scam text to Apple and your federal government. See here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Community

Not receiving notifications from one specific contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.