You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add calendar subscription to my iPad Pro.

I am trying to add an NHL calendar schedule to my iPad Pro, but it will not let me add it.

I open Calendar, click on “Add Calendar”, and then “Add Subscription Calendar” in bottom left corner.

I then paste provided URL into field but the add button is greyed out!?

Here is the URL that I’m trying to use:

webcal://sync.roktcalendar.com/webcal/579951e5-8851-4471-9ea0-bed856715cbe

My iPad is running software version: 15.6.1

Any ideas?

Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 10:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 2:10 AM

Dude, you are a genius!

That stupid bubble was hiding the subscribe button below screen view.

As soon as I dragged the bubble up I was able to see the Subscribe button and click on it, it then allowed me to add the calendar.

Appreciate it.

10 replies

Oct 16, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Zak88lx

Hello Zak88lx,

You may try pasting the link that was given to you within Safari on the device, and tap on 'Go' as if you were accessing a standard URL/website, which may then ask if it can open the Calendar app.

Once within the Calendar app it may present the option of subscribing without the need to paste in the link again there.

Set up multiple calendars on iPad - Apple Support (MY)

Cheers.

Oct 16, 2023 7:51 PM in response to Zak88lx

Hi Zak88lx,

Yes, we recommend temporarily deleting the apps and configuration profiles to see if the issue persists after doing so. This article has the steps: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

"Delete the app and its configuration profile 

To delete an app and its configuration profile, follow these steps. 

1. Delete the app 
    • Touch and hold the app until it jiggles.
    • Then tap the delete button  in the upper-left corner of the app to delete it. If you see a message that says, "Deleting this app will also delete its data," tap Delete.

2. If the app has a configuration profile, delete it.

• Go to Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management,* then tap the app’s configuration profile.
    • Then tap Delete Profile. If asked, enter your device passcode, then tap Delete.

3. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch."

Take care.

Oct 18, 2023 7:46 PM in response to Zak88lx

Hi Zak88lx,

It's worth pointing out that the directions you provided in the original post are for macOS and not an iPad, as there would be no option to click File to subscribe on an iPadOS device.

The article Use iCloud calendar subscriptions outlines how to enroll in subscribed calendars but only offers directions for Macs. Specifically:

"If you have a calendar subscription on your Mac that you want to see on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can add it to iCloud.

1. Open Calendar.
  2. Click the Calendars button in the upper-left hand corner of the window to see your list of calendars.
  3. Select the subscribed calendar from the list.
  4. In the menu bar, choose Edit > Get Info.
  5. Choose iCloud from the Location menu, then click OK."

If you have a Mac try those steps. If not, Set up multiple calendars on iPad offers this process you may try:

"Set up a calendar

1. Tap the Calendars button at the top left, then tap Add Calendar at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Do one of the following:...
    • Subscribe to an external read-only calendar: Tap Add Subscription Calendar, enter the URL of the .ics file you want to subscribe to (and any other required server information), then tap Subscribe."

If still not working, consult whoever produced or distributes this calendar to verify compatibility with iPadOS or to seek additional assistance on that subscription.

Regards.

Oct 16, 2023 7:16 PM in response to Zak88lx

Hey Zak88lx,

Is this the only subscription calendar you're having issues with, or are no other calendars of this type configured currently? If you haven't had the chance to try any others, let's verify that you don't have a managed profile on your device that might limit your ability to add such a calendar. To check that, go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management. If there are any configured profiles that could potentially limit device functionality, they'll likely appear here. Do you see anything of the sort?

Take care.

Oct 16, 2023 7:37 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian,

I have tried adding three different subscription calendars from three different sources, and none of them can be added.

I checked under VPN & Device Management and I have two entries:

-Firewall by 1Blocker (unchecked)

-Nord VPN NordLynx (checked)

The VPN status is not connected.

Should I try to delete these VPN services from my iPad to add Calendar?

Thanks!

Can’t add calendar subscription to my iPad Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.