You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer volume on iPhone 15 pro

Hello everyone,

The ringer volume on my iPhone 15 pro is not changing when I adjust the volume with the side buttons. I have the “Change with Buttons” option in the settings turned ON but it still does not work. It is only adjusting the speaker volume.

I restarted my phone and it worked! But for only about 10 minutes and then it stopped working. I dont know what to do. The only way I’m able to adjust ringer volume now is by going into settings and changing it manually with the slide bar. I am running the latest software at the moment which is iOS 17.0.3.

please help!!

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 5:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2023 11:37 AM

I found a fix in this article: https://www.technewstoday.com/iphone-ring-volume-low/. For me it was turning off the Attention Aware feature.

3 replies

Oct 28, 2023 12:22 PM in response to browneye26

Me too, I have the same situation. The volume of any video or voice message can be changed using these buttons. Settings is ON. Restarting the phone solves the problem for a few minutes then comes back to the same situation. I am using iOS 17.1 just updated a few minutes ago. Any help is much appreciated.

If the side button is configured in Silent Mode, the volume buttons seems to work with the ringer but still don't work with videos or audios.

Ringer volume on iPhone 15 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.