You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to a newer OS with better security?

I have a MacBook Pro, Retina, 13 inch, early 2015 running OS 10.11. How can I upgrade to a newer OS with better security? I see that OS Sonoma/Ventura are too new for my MacBook Pro.

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:11 AM

Back up your data, check the application compatibility table, click here, and then on the download link for a higher OS. That model's maximum one is Monterey.

Catalina and above won't run 32-bit software; if you choose one of them, use Go64 as well.

(245851)

2 replies

Oct 17, 2023 7:56 AM in response to dtcuddy

When you install MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, the drive setup will be automatically adjusted for you to use Apple File System going forward. You should install that version deliberately to get the best conversion. If you try to leap directly to the endpoint, your drive may not be adequate, and that version may not be so willing to convert it for you.

upgrade to a newer OS with better security?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.