You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music crashes since updating to ios17 on my ipad 7th gen

From the jump, as soon as I updated my iPad 7th Gen to iOS17, when I play 1-2 songs on Apple Music, the app crashes and I have to restart the app completely. Rinse repeat. I have restarted my iPad as well as uninstalled Apple Music and reinstalled multiple times. As updates keep being released I am hopeful it will resolve the issue but alas, it has not. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

iPad (7th generation)

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 8:28 AM

You are not an isolated case. We use our iPad for tracks when we do concerts and once I updated to OS17, I hit play and it plays...but won't pause or forward or anything. It just freezes and keeps playing. Even when I close the music app it still plays for 10 seconds or so. Hope they fix this soon. Oddly, doesn't do that on my phones...just the iPad. 7th generation

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2023 8:28 AM in response to Sharalm77

You are not an isolated case. We use our iPad for tracks when we do concerts and once I updated to OS17, I hit play and it plays...but won't pause or forward or anything. It just freezes and keeps playing. Even when I close the music app it still plays for 10 seconds or so. Hope they fix this soon. Oddly, doesn't do that on my phones...just the iPad. 7th generation

Oct 18, 2023 7:38 AM in response to Sharalm77

Hi Sharalm77,

If you haven't done so yet, make sure your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS 17, since this can help with overall performance: Update your iPhone or iPad

If an update is available, be sure to create a backup before installing it.

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If the issue continues after updating, or if your iPad is already running the latest software, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Regards.

Apple music crashes since updating to ios17 on my ipad 7th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.