You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 vr 8.4.4

My Apple TV 3 will not stay signed in. It accepts the login info but then when I try to go on to add apps it wants me to sign in again, when I do it won’t accept my login info. I bought this new and it has had a very uneventful life… it just sits there by my tv lol

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:32 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2023 9:34 AM in response to acidgirl

Apple TV 3 vr 8.4.4
when I try to go on to add apps …

The Apple TV box (3rd generation) [A1427 or A1469] is from 2012, and doesn’t support user-added apps.

It was discontinued in 2016, and became ‘obsolete’ for support in 2022. What works may keep working, but if any service is changed in a way that makes it incompatible with this model, then that marks the end for that service on this model. Content providers may choose to not support this model anymore. This model is not expected to receive further software updates (last update 2022-03-14). Unsupported apps may be removed from the Home Screen automatically, as they load from Apple servers at startup.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

The 4K models are modern, newer, and very different models [A1842, A2169, A2737, or A2843]. These models support user-added apps from an on-device App Store.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

Apple TV 3 vr 8.4.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.