You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air battery health related

my macbook battery health is decrease from 100% to 96% from last 3 months how I can maintain the battery health and prevent It from dcrease the battery and i am also using the mac after plug in severals time

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 9:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 12:13 PM

It is not possible to prevent any battery's capacity from decreasing. They begin at 100% capacity and will never return to 100% capacity. Its maximum charge capacity will rise and fall a percent or two between charge cycles, but the long term trend is down.

To maximize its useful life please read Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple. There is a lot of good information in that document.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2023 12:13 PM in response to Rudra_tanwar

It is not possible to prevent any battery's capacity from decreasing. They begin at 100% capacity and will never return to 100% capacity. Its maximum charge capacity will rise and fall a percent or two between charge cycles, but the long term trend is down.

To maximize its useful life please read Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple. There is a lot of good information in that document.

Macbook air battery health related

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.