You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson 3880 printer wont print.

I recently upgraded my computer to a mid-2020 Mac desktop running OS14, Sonoma. I updated the driver for my 3880 Stylus Pro printer from the Epson website (12.62) for the Sonoma OS. The Computer recognizes the printer but won't print. The data sits in the Queue with the message "sending data to printer" but the printer never responds with a print. My connection between the computer and printer is USB. The printer is working as I have printed a test print directly from the printer. How can I get my printer working?

Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 3:36 PM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2024 12:25 PM in response to Camz2

I had the same problem with my Epson 3880 after installing iOS Sonoma 14.5! I spent hours on the phone with Epson and Apple, both company reps came onto my computer, but no one could figure it out! After several days of my own troubleshooting., I solved the problem! It appears that the Sonoma upgrade installs a firewall. Go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, NETWORK, and you will find "Firewall." The default will be "active." Deactivate it, and VOILA! your 3880 will work like new! If you like, you can activate the firewall, and under OPTIONS you can allow all EPSON connections! Good luck...I am sure this will fix the problem as it did for me!

Jul 12, 2024 4:30 PM in response to Camz2

I was having the same problem. I haven't printed in a while, and I updated to Sonoma 14.5 and when I went to print, it just didn't work. If you go to the Epson website which I will link below, you will need to update your printer driver to MacOS 14.x ... then I restarted my printer and computer and it works just fine. I hope this helps...

Here is the link to Epson 3880 Printer page... https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Professional-Imaging-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Pro-Series/Epson-Stylus-Pro-3880/s/SPT_CA61201-VM?review-filter=macOS+14.x

Epson 3880 printer wont print.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.