You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay doesn't work in iphone 15 Pro Max

Carplay is not activated on my Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE automatically when I connect my iphone via USB or Bluetooth. Charging working, Music app working fine but I cannot see CarPlay icon in the display of my car. I cannot use Google Maps as I did in my previous iphone 11. Please help !

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 12:52 AM

So I stumbled on a fix for this. I went into Toyota setup via menu, and scrolled down to Projection settings. I clicked on that and toggled off the option for Apple Carplay. It prompted me to unplug my phone from USB to complete the step. I did that, then I toggled CarPlay option back on and plugged my iPhone back in. That did the trick.

Hopefully this might get help someone get it working.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2023 12:52 AM in response to Tbaykal

So I stumbled on a fix for this. I went into Toyota setup via menu, and scrolled down to Projection settings. I clicked on that and toggled off the option for Apple Carplay. It prompted me to unplug my phone from USB to complete the step. I did that, then I toggled CarPlay option back on and plugged my iPhone back in. That did the trick.

Hopefully this might get help someone get it working.

Apr 24, 2024 12:49 AM in response to Tbaykal

Hi!

I had the same issue! Tried three different cables and none of them worked! Got it booked in to Toyota so they could investigate / fix it and as a last ditch attempt to do it myself I bought a 'certified' cable.... which worked perfectly! As soon as I plugged it in...BOOM... Apple CarPlay connected and activated!

I was going to try your trick, but wanted Toyota to check it out first, in case it was just a simple software updated that was needed but it was just the cable! Because the iPhone comes with USB-C to USB-C you can't use that one but I bought one on Amazon, next day delivery and I'm all good to go now! :)

Carplay doesn't work in iphone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.