You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10.0.1: otifications only show on the top half of the watch screen

Hello all -- I have a Series 5 watch that has worked perfectly all along, until the iOS 10.* update. Now, when I receive multiple notifications to my watch, they show on only the top half of the watch screen. The bottom half is solid black. When I tap a notification, that notification displays on the whole screen as normal. Also, the Clear All button persistently scrolls off the screen and can't be reached.

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Hi my3seadogs,

For help with notifications showing as expected on your Apple Watch, test a normal restart of your Apple Watch and paired iPhone. If needed the steps below found in the articles here can get you started.

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"Restart Apple Watch

If something isn’t working right, try restarting your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone.

Restart Apple Watch

• Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.
  • Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

The front of Apple Watch, with the Digital Crown shown at the top on the right side of the watch and the side button shown at the bottom right.

Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging."

If the issue continues after restarting both devices, clean your Apple Watch with the help of the steps here: How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist should the issue remain. Get Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 11:13 AM in response to my3seadogs

Hi my3seadogs,

For help with notifications showing as expected on your Apple Watch, test a normal restart of your Apple Watch and paired iPhone. If needed the steps below found in the articles here can get you started.

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"Restart Apple Watch

If something isn’t working right, try restarting your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone.

Restart Apple Watch

• Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.
  • Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

The front of Apple Watch, with the Digital Crown shown at the top on the right side of the watch and the side button shown at the bottom right.

Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging."

If the issue continues after restarting both devices, clean your Apple Watch with the help of the steps here: How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist should the issue remain. Get Support

Cheers.

iOS 10.0.1: otifications only show on the top half of the watch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.