You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi and backup

My iPhone 13th max will connect to our WiFi and I can easily check email, social media, etc., however, when it tries to backup to iCloud it says it fails because of poor connection. I also cannot update to the latest software versions because it says I am not connected to WiFi, but I am…. Any thoughts?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 4:32 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2023 4:55 PM in response to amynichols

"WiFi and backup: My iPhone 13th max will connect to our WiFi and I can easily check email, social media, etc., however, when it tries to backup to iCloud it says it fails because of poor connection. I also cannot update to the latest software versions because it says I am not connected to WiFi, but I am…. Any thoughts?"

-------

Connected WiFi Not Working:

Just because you have a WiFi connection does not mean you are connected to the Internet. You may be using internal LAN services.

WiFi and backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.