You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phisical upgrade on Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023.

Hello I have a Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023. Running with 16gb but facing some issues with memory usage and would like to upgrade to 32Gb is that possible ?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:57 PM

Alas, no...it's not possible. (I have seen a YT video showing a Mac technician changing a hard drive in a newer Mac, but don't think he changed out RAM).

The reason is that the RAM is soldered directly onto the motherboard, speeding up the Mac's performance. So unless you're a pretty experienced electronics tech familiar with Mac circuitry, RAM isn't something that can be changed.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2023 5:57 PM in response to Aminechakr

Alas, no...it's not possible. (I have seen a YT video showing a Mac technician changing a hard drive in a newer Mac, but don't think he changed out RAM).

The reason is that the RAM is soldered directly onto the motherboard, speeding up the Mac's performance. So unless you're a pretty experienced electronics tech familiar with Mac circuitry, RAM isn't something that can be changed.

Phisical upgrade on Mac book pro 14-inch, 2023.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.