You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M2 Max 16” MacBook Pro dust in between rubber and display

I have had my M2 Max 16 MacBook Pro for about 15 days now and my OCD has been very hyperactive since it is so new. I noticed dust deep in between the rubber seal and the display today. I only use it a few hours during the day and use it when I sit on the couch to work on graduate work.

It does have AppleCare+ on it, but I am not sure if they cover adding thicker rubber seal.

Would the dust be removed with AppleCare+? Can I use a thin plastic supgger to dig it out or is anything else that I could use?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 1:50 PM

garrettfromtiffin wrote:

I have had my M2 Max 16 MacBook Pro for about 15 days now and my OCD has been very hyperactive since it is so new. I noticed dust deep in between the rubber seal and the display today. I only use it a few hours during the day and use it when I sit on the couch to work on graduate work.

It does have AppleCare+ on it, but I am not sure if they cover adding thicker rubber seal.

Would the dust be removed with AppleCare+? Can I use a thin plastic supgger to dig it out or is anything else that I could use?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/14231b87-e058-4a52-a407-be43c3707ffc

This would be considered hardware issue. Nothing can be done here on line.

Take it in for your issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 1:50 PM in response to garrettfromtiffin

garrettfromtiffin wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/14231b87-e058-4a52-a407-be43c3707ffc

This would be considered hardware issue. Nothing can be done here on line.

Take it in for your issue

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

M2 Max 16” MacBook Pro dust in between rubber and display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.