You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud Photos do not appear on my new Mac Mini

My iCloud Photos do not appear on my new Mac Mini. the Photos Library remains blank. Something is very wrong but I can't identify what. I have gone through all the articles and set up in the Photos Settings and the iCloud settings for photos suggestions in the forums to no avail. I can see all my pictures on my iPhone and iPad, but not my Mac. Brand new machine.

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:26 PM

Hi!

Here to help!

A few inquiries:

and don't forget:

Turn on iCloud Photos

In the Photos app on your Mac, choose Photos > Settings, then click iCloud.

Select the iCloud Photos checkbox.

Select one of the following options: Download Originals to this Mac: Stores the full-size versions of your photos both on your Mac and in iCloud.

(System Library)

You should be able to see the progress in "all photos" - scroll all the way down.

Is there any trouble with the apple ID in system settings?

Set up iCloud Photos on all your devices - Apple Support

Let me know if you need more help!

Kind regards

RRD

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2023 7:26 PM in response to Dan_10

Hi!

Here to help!

A few inquiries:

and don't forget:

Turn on iCloud Photos

In the Photos app on your Mac, choose Photos > Settings, then click iCloud.

Select the iCloud Photos checkbox.

Select one of the following options: Download Originals to this Mac: Stores the full-size versions of your photos both on your Mac and in iCloud.

(System Library)

You should be able to see the progress in "all photos" - scroll all the way down.

Is there any trouble with the apple ID in system settings?

Set up iCloud Photos on all your devices - Apple Support

Let me know if you need more help!

Kind regards

RRD

Oct 22, 2023 5:30 PM in response to Dan_10

Dan_10 Said:

"[...]I'm almost ready to completely reset my system from scratch and start over, but really trying not to have to do that."

-------

Two thoughts on doing that...

A. Restore from a Backup:

If you backed up your Mac prior to updating it, then restore form the backup. Sometimes, the macOS can become corrupted due to major changes being made (i.e update installed or shutdowns). So, know to always back up your Mac prior to making any major changes to it, successfully as au update. In doing so, you with have something to restore store your Mac from from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

B. Reinstall the macOS anew:

You'd backup your Mac, install the previous macOS, and then migrate items back.

1. Create: a Time Machine Backup using an external Hard Drive
  2. Install: from a USB Installer created for macOS 10.15 Catalina or before
  3. Migrate: items from your TMB
  4. Download then Install: the applications, getting the programs back from the Developer

Oct 21, 2023 7:29 PM in response to Dan_10

Dan_10 Said:

"My iCloud Photos do not appear on my new Mac Mini: My iCloud Photos do not appear on my new Mac Mini. the Photos Library remains blank. Something is very wrong but I can't identify what. I have gone through all the articles and set up in the Photos Settings and the iCloud settings for photos suggestions in the forums to no avail. I can see all my pictures on my iPhone and iPad, but not my Mac. Brand new machine."

-------

Getting iCloud Photos to Show on a Mac:

Perform as instructed here: Access and view iCloud Photos on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2023 4:02 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the reply, but I did everything in that entire thread and all the related links. There is no Hidden folder in Photos app, iCloud Photos turned on etc.. I've followed all those directions and still nothing. Tried the download all photos and nothing. I'm almost ready to completely reset my system from scratch and start over, but really trying not to have to do that.

My iCloud Photos do not appear on my new Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.