You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I unlock my Apple ID if I forgot the password?

i forgot my password for apple id ***@icloud.com and now the apple id is locked

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 10:32 AM

If you have forgotten your AppleID or associated password, these can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com/

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to any one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

More information about recovery of your AppleID and associated Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2023 10:32 AM in response to claudiafromborsa

If you have forgotten your AppleID or associated password, these can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com/

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to any one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

More information about recovery of your AppleID and associated Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2023 5:39 PM in response to claudiafromborsa

claudiafromborsa wrote:

my Apple id was blocked for security reasons.

If a message says your Apple ID is locked or disabled "for security reasons", the document If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support directs you to reset your password as outlined in this article ➞ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period, as outlined in this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

How can I unlock my Apple ID if I forgot the password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.