You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2 iphones keep connecting to each other after ios 17.03 update

My work iphone 12 & personal iphone 14 keep connecting to each other after ios 17.03 update. They have always shared the same apple ID but I have not had any issues before. Now when they are side by side they auto connect & I keep missing calls & messages.

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 2:53 PM

That’s not it. When I lay my iPhones next to each other, they both get what appears to be a rain drop if the display were water. Then a black banner appears that shows my contact picture and name with the words “connected” under. The banner remains in my way, covering things on the top of my phones, and I want to turn it off, but idk what this feature is even called.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2023 2:53 PM in response to colinfromwellingborough

That’s not it. When I lay my iPhones next to each other, they both get what appears to be a rain drop if the display were water. Then a black banner appears that shows my contact picture and name with the words “connected” under. The banner remains in my way, covering things on the top of my phones, and I want to turn it off, but idk what this feature is even called.

Oct 24, 2023 1:57 PM in response to colinfromwellingborough

Hi colinfromwellingborough,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're referring to calls and messages in particular when you say that your iPhones are connecting. In that case, it may be your iMessage settings. Do you use the same phone number for any settings on both iPhones? You might try disabling iMessage on one of your iPhones. Otherwise, iMessages will be delivered on both. Check out the following from Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support.

"Set up your phone number

On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see "Use your Apple ID for iMessage," tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

On your other devices, you can now turn on the phone number that you just set up:

Take care.

My 2 iphones keep connecting to each other after ios 17.03 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.