You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Air Bent Frame

I bought an M1 Macbook Air brand new approximately 3 months ago from JB Hi Fi Australia. I Noticed recently that when I shut the lid, part of the frame near the hinge touches the bezel under the display. Is seems that part of the frame has been bent, and I have been super careful to make sure that laptop has never been dropped and always kept in a protective sleeve. Is this something that could be covered by either the warranty I have with the store or Apple itself.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:52 PM

You'll have to ask the store you got it from or an Apple genius that question. An inspection is the only means to determined if it's covered by warranty.

My guess is unless you have AppleCare+, Apple is not going to cover repairs if you choose to have any done. But that's my experience with a similar case.

Similar questions

2 replies

M1 Macbook Air Bent Frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.