You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Ipod to compuer

Ive an old but working ipod Nano and am trying to connect it to a new computer.

What app do I nee to make it work?

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 11:37 AM

WTTajwcbk2 wrote:

• On a recent Windows computer (Windows 10 or Windows 11), use iTunes. You can download it from iTunes - Apple
  • For Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit)
  • On an older Mac, using OS Mojave or earlier, you should find iTunes already on the machine
  • For a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder (there is no iTunes for the newer MacOS)
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2023 11:37 AM in response to WTTajwcbk2

WTTajwcbk2 wrote:

• On a recent Windows computer (Windows 10 or Windows 11), use iTunes. You can download it from iTunes - Apple
  • For Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit)
  • On an older Mac, using OS Mojave or earlier, you should find iTunes already on the machine
  • For a Mac using OS Catalina or later, use Finder (there is no iTunes for the newer MacOS)

Oct 25, 2023 9:20 PM in response to WTTajwcbk2

Hi WTTajwcbk2

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: " Ive an old but working ipod Nano and am trying to connect it to a new computer.

What app do I nee to make it work?"

Am no expert in this area, yet your question surely deserves some response.

There is an iPod Nano user guide online:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/iPod_nano_2015_user_guide.pdf

Eg: See page 13 for How to: Connect or disconnect iPod nano

More recently:

Apple Support article: Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Trouble-shooting: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Ipod Touch Support website: iPod touch - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Connecting Ipod to compuer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.