You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep my TV media on an external drive. Recently added videos have been added to my internal drive. How can I fisx that?

I keep my TV media on an external drive. I have been adding videos, without any problem since I bought my MacBook Pro in February 2023. Since September 20, however, the videos that I have added have been, incorrectly added to the TV Media Folder on my internal disk. How can I fix this and prevent it from happening again?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 7:33 AM

Open TV

Go to TV > Settings > Files

Ensure that the path there points to your external drive and that organize library is selected.

Then go to File > Library > Organize library

Your files will move to the external drive

Ensure that the drive is mounted before adding files and this won't be an issue.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2023 7:33 AM in response to kingfisher500

Open TV

Go to TV > Settings > Files

Ensure that the path there points to your external drive and that organize library is selected.

Then go to File > Library > Organize library

Your files will move to the external drive

Ensure that the drive is mounted before adding files and this won't be an issue.

I keep my TV media on an external drive. Recently added videos have been added to my internal drive. How can I fisx that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.