You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?

Please let me know how to fix my phone. Every time I return home my iPhone forgets my wifi network. This is very frustrating. It does not just disconnect, it forgets it. This is a 64 character random password that is a pain to reenter. None of my Android phones ever had this problem. This kind of BS makes me hate my POS iPhone 15 Max Pro when it cannot remember a password. It has 256 GB of storage, but 64 characters is too much? How can I stop my iPhone from making me reenter my network every time? Thank you for your help.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 9:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 1:31 AM

I am having the same issue. Multiple times a day I have to re-enter the passcode for my home Wi-Fi network in my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Could it be that I have both an airport express and an airport extreme working in bridge mode together for one network?

10 replies

Oct 31, 2023 10:43 PM in response to Zimmerja2

Zimmerja2 Said:

"Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?: My home network and router."

-------

Thank you or the followup reply.

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Try these thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and...

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

and...

C. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

and...

D. Reset your Network Settings:

Oct 31, 2023 10:21 PM in response to Zimmerja2

Zimmerja2 Said:

"Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?"

-------

Are you Using a Public LAN or a College LAN?

If so, see about getting a new root certificate:***

Start with forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your iPhone. Then, contact the Web Master of the college, requesting a new code for logging in. Nothing can be done on your end.

Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.