You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?

I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:44 PM

Kimsabutterfly Said:

"I might give that a try, but only use it when I know it might get banged around. I appreciate your response and thanks for the input!"

-------

You are welcome.

My Mac is not always in this holder. It's just placed in there when I am not using it. I always take it out. So, consider the same.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Kimsabutterfly

Kimsabutterfly Said:

"I might give that a try, but only use it when I know it might get banged around. I appreciate your response and thanks for the input!"

-------

You are welcome.

My Mac is not always in this holder. It's just placed in there when I am not using it. I always take it out. So, consider the same.

Nov 1, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Kimsabutterfly

Kimsabutterfly Said:

"Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?: I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?"

-------

Some Notes to Go By...

Based on Personal Experience:

• Hardshell Cases: They can get a crack in them, can make the device overheat, and can cause condensation
  • Keyboard Covers: Condensation condenses on the LogicBoard, and then the screen and other connectors become loose, and corrode
  • Screen Covers: Debris gathers on it, and then when you close the screen it falls underneath the keyboard.

So, what I Use on my 2018 15" MacBook Pro:

On Amazon: MOSISO Compatible with MacBook Pro 15 inch Case, Wine Red

Nov 1, 2023 5:15 PM in response to Kimsabutterfly

Kimsabutterfly wrote:

I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?

My recommendation is not to use a hard case. Modern computers dissipate heat through the body of the computer. A hard case may interfere with the cooling of the computer. I use a computer backpack when traveling with my computer. I make sure the computer is off before placing it in the backpack.

Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.