You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make my network more secure

I keep gettin the signal that my network is weak

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 9:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2023 9:41 AM

72track wrote:

I need to make my network more secure. How do I do that?

To upgrade Wi-Fi security on your home network, you have to

• Change configuration settings on your home Wi-Fi access point / router, if its capable of operating with a higher level of security, or

• Replace it with one that supports stronger security

Be sure to check that all of your Wi-Fi devices support whatever higher level of security you plan to use. If you put higher security into effect than some devices can support, you'll be cutting off their network access.

Secure access to wireless networks - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2023 9:41 AM in response to 72track

72track wrote:

I need to make my network more secure. How do I do that?

To upgrade Wi-Fi security on your home network, you have to

• Change configuration settings on your home Wi-Fi access point / router, if its capable of operating with a higher level of security, or

• Replace it with one that supports stronger security

Be sure to check that all of your Wi-Fi devices support whatever higher level of security you plan to use. If you put higher security into effect than some devices can support, you'll be cutting off their network access.

Secure access to wireless networks - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2023 9:46 PM in response to scarlettfuzzy

Hello,

I have two answers to cover the issues with wi-fi.

HOW TO RESTORE THE INTERNET CONNECTION SO THERE'S WI-FI

My wi-fi often gets disconnected internet even when I am home because the internet has no connection.

What I do is reset the modem and if that doesn't fix it, I will unplug fthe wi-fi & modem for 10 minutes then get the wi-fi back up & running. This usually gets the internet restored.

HOW TO SECURE WI-FI CONNECTION

How to make wi-fi more secure? I lose wi-fi when away from home unless I do this:

Go to Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data.

Once you are at Cellular Data, make sure the check mark is on your primary iphone number. (If the checkmark is on OFF, simply tap your iphone number). This turns on the cellular data that will boost your wi-fi no matter where you are located.

This keeps my wi-fi network running anywhere I am unless the internet goes out (which I explained how to fix above).

I hope this is what you needed and it helps.

Best regards!

Nov 2, 2023 9:47 PM in response to scarlettfuzzy

scarlettfuzzy Said:

"How do I make my network more secure: I keep gettin the signal that my network is weak"

-------

Upgrade your Router to Use WPA3:

The protocol you are using for your WiFi is WPA, which is not secure.  WPA2 is considered insecure now too. So use WPA2/WPA3, as it is more secure. Older devices may not run WP3 encryption. So, upgrade your router to one that is dual band and has WPA3 encryption security.

How do I make my network more secure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.